Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What Happened to Me, 3

A series on how I've changed since my conversion to God (December 30, 2003)

The Bible went from yeah-whatever to precious

Before my conversion, it was hard to read the Bible. I didn't really get it.

After my conversion, the Bible became a source of real joy to me, because it about the real God--the same one who saved me and let me in on the great plan of all history. I liked that it was all about God--God creates, God rescues, God kills people, God gives laws, God seeks out the lowly, God makes promises, God remembers promises, God tells people "wait a minute, your army is too big, send most of them home so that I get the credit for the victory".

P.S. Bible reading still has some hard days where I don't start the day ready to dive in.

No comments: