Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What I want to hear when you raise support for missions at church

Your message! I want to hear the message that I'm being asked to send to another land. What truth do you have for them? What is the good news you have gone to such trouble to deliver to them.

Make sure to insert this line into your talks before churches:

"I think it's important for you to know the good news that I'm asking you to partner in sending to the ______ people of ______. [Tell me your good news hear]*

Tell me your message, and I can know whether to support you.

That's almost the only thing I need to know. And conversely, if I know everything else about your story, your team, your strategy; but I don't know your message, I can't decide.


*and really preach it! maybe someone will get saved while you are raising support

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep. couldnt agree more.

Rebecca said...

HA! Josh, this is great! I just found your blog through Debbie's. What brought on this post?

Also (so far) loving the online Bible that you can tag, too. Thanks for blogging about it, otherwise I may not have known about it.

It was so wonderful to see you two this past week!!

Alana said...

this is a good point, josh. leave it up to you, to think of this. i whole-heartedly agree. there is so much more discussion that could be had about short-term mission trips...