Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Do Hard Things on Wall Street Journal blog

Buzzwatch : Stealth Sellers: Why 'Do Hard Things' Appeals to Teen Book Buyers

I'm 27, this is one of my new favorite books--Do Hard Things a book written by Christian teenagers for teenagers. The Wall Street Journal "Buzzwatch" blog picks up on the book.

I've changed my mind--repented if you will--about my vision for the years of youth. Are they a vacation--a prized time of low responsibility, a lots of "fun"?--or are they an amazing window to have productivity, creativity and impact?

Our expectations for young people are very low, and I'd like to be apart of anything that reverses those low expectations and points to higher calling.

Credit to the kids that wrote the book too: some of the best writing, in terms of voice, simplicity, organization of thought, keeping the reader's interest, use of examples I've read in a while. The literary quality of the book is a great example of what young people are capable of doing.

No comments: