Tuesday, May 27, 2008

YouVersion | Dashboard

YouVersion

Absolutely unbelievable!!!

I have been poking around trying to create a web-based Bible that you could "mark-up" and "tag" and journal.

This looks like it!

Why "tag" the Bible?

Tagging is internet/computer term for making categories and groups out of your data. I might tag all my photos with Stephie as "stephie". Then I can find all my pictures with Stephie in them. I also might tag all my photos from weddings as "wedding". Now I can tag a picture of me and Stephie at a wedding with two tags-- "stephie, wedding". That totally beats making a Stephie folder and a Wedding folder and copying the picture into multiple places.

Now tagging the Bible. What if I'm reading the Bible and find a promise that I want to grab later? I tag it "promise". Now when I ask for all my "promise" verses, I get a collection of verses that I have personally marked as "promise". I might do the same for "money", "prayer", "the judgment", "law/grace".

It's kind of a personal concordance for life that comes out of regular Bible reading.

Hooray!

This site does more than that, and I've only used it for 3 minutes, but I'm so excited.

No comments: